APPLICATIONS coming soon!!!!
Want to know more . . . Read below.
Who: Six North Androsian students in grades 9-12, including recent graduates. Friends of North Andros (FoNA) will strive to select students from diverse settlements and a balanced representation of young men and women.
Program Description: A fully funded trip to Ohio, USA (from Nassau) that will include a personal development workshop, financial literacy classes, mock interviews, museum, zoo and water park visits, a community service project, beef cattle and dairy farm tours, equestrian tour, art class, instrumental music instruction, health/safety/fitness classes, swimming, campfires, and memories to last a lifetime.
Applicant Profile: FoNA is looking for students eager to challenge themselves by engaging with people and places that experience life within a different culture and environment in central Ohio. Heartfelt essay responses and application details will be important elements in the selection process.
Academic performance is not the only consideration for this experience.
Where: Central Ohio & Johnstown, Ohio, USA
When: July 22-July 31, 2020
How to Apply: Download the application or complete online. Review your Submission Checklist and submit all parts of the application to Friends of North Andros by the deadline.
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020. All applications MUST be in Ohio by that date. Selections will be made in early February. All selected students will be notified by February 20, 2020.
Travel Policies: Selected students and a FoNA-selected chaperone will travel round-trip, as a group, from Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS) to Columbus, Ohio (CMH). All students must travel with the group to and from Ohio. No separate or alternate arrivals or departures. If you cannot commit to the entire trip, we will select alternate student. Any expenses and or fees incurred by FoNA, due to the student’s, non-medical related cancellation, will be at the expense of the student’s family.
Conduct & Behavioral Policies
- Students must obey all the laws of The Bahamas and The United States of America before and during participation in the program.
- School attendance and school behavior will continue to be monitored up until the time of travel. Should these areas deteriorate, you may be excused from the program.
- Students will need to comply with and act on any and all written, verbal, or otherwise expressed directive from any FoNA appointed chaperone regarding their safety and welfare, in a timely manner, during the entire experience.
- Students will be asked to support the needs of the group during this experience through light physical tasks or other thoughtful deeds.
- Students will understand that during group travel, sometimes language and actions can be misunderstood. Students agree to give all whom they interact with gracious consideration.
- Students agree to represent themselves, their families, their communities, North Andros, and The Bahamas to the best of their abilities.
- Upon their return to The Bahamas, Students will become a positive ambassador for the Friends of North Andros Summer Student Exchange program. This includes willingly and enthusiastically presenting information about their experiences during school and community sponsored events when called upon to do so.
Please thoroughly consider these policies before applying to participate in Friends of North Andros Summer Student Exchange Program.